Friday, November 4, 2011

Banana-Coconut Dibs...Raw, GFCF, Vegan.

I dont like complex recipes. My recipes are simple and easy to make for anyone. SCD diet itself is very challenging so we need a lot a recipes in hand that are easy to make, are nutritious and takes less time to prepare.
I made these yesterday, super easy and super delicious. My eyes roll to the back of my head with every bite. Seriously! You got to try this one.
Before I start, let me tell you, I am a big big fan of Coconut oil. I cook with it, use it as a lotion on my face and body. Why do I love Coconut oil? Read this.
My most preferred brand of Coconut oil is Tropical Traditions, next would be Artisana.


Ingredients:
  1. 1 large ripe banana.
  2. Coconut oil - 1 Tbsp
  3. Honey - 1 Tbsp
  4. Unsweetened coconut flakes/ shredded coconut.
Process:
  • Peel the banana and cut into small pieces. Put the pieces in the freezer for 5 minutes.
  • If your coconut oil is in the solid state, melt it by heating over medium heat in a small pan. Remove from heat immediately after melting.
  • Now add 1 Tbsp honey to the coconut oil and beat till they blend well.
  • Keep the grated coconut ready on a plate.
  • Take the banana pieces out of the freezer. Now dip each piece in the coconut oil-honey mixture and dab onto the flakes covering all the sides thoroughly. Place carefully on a separate plate.
  • Repeat the same with all the pieces.
  • Now with a spoon carefully pour the remaining coconut oil- honey mixture on the pieces covering all sides. Cover with more coconut flakes.
  • Put the plate with the pieces in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (depending on how cool your freezer is). We just want to solidify the coconut-honey mixture and cool down the banana.
  • Take out of the freezer and serve immediately.
  • Close your eyes with every bite and enjoy the exotic taste!


No comments: