Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cooking all the time!

SCD...yea the diet we are following, comes with this challenge. You HAVE to eat home cooked foods all the time. It is not easy but the key to eating at home always and having fun in life at the same time is KEEP YOUR RECIPES SIMPLE.

With a 3 1/2 yr old who gets hungry without any warning, the most important thing for me is to keep a handful of easy and quick recipes that will nourish her as well as give the variation she wants. Believe me it is not all that tough!

But before you start a routine like that you have to love your own body as though it is a place of worship. You have to be determined that no matter what, no matter how tired you are you are not going to compromise with bad foods. You will cook with all the love and nourish yourself and your loved ones.

We try to do as much Organic foods as we can. Yes it burns our paycheck but is there anything more important than our own health and well being? It is very important to understand that we will grow old one day and we want to feel good and look good no matter what age we reach.

It is obvious that no one starts to do something like that unless someone has a serious health issue in the family. Some people might think I am crazy.  Yes, I have health issues and my daughter and husband have their share too. It could happen to anybody. So why wait till it actually happens? Why not start practicing the ritual from now on? It will do only and only good to you and your loved ones.

I don't know how long I will have to follow the SCD diet, but even if one day I am able to have other foods, I will never give up the practice of Home Cooking, nor will I go back to processed foods again. More than anything else, it gives me extreme joy and satisfaction to be able to love my family completely and the happy look on their faces after a satisfying meal is priceless!

No comments: