Monday, November 7, 2011

Coconut Cream and Nut Dipped Banana...Raw, GFCF, Vegan.

I love coconut cream and banana is my second favorite fruit, first would be mango. I easily consume 2-3 bananas a day. Hence I keep doing things to my banana to make it more fancy.
The process of making these is the same as the Banana-Coconut Dibs, just the ingredients are different.


Ingredients:
  1. 1 large ripe banana.
  2. Unsweetened raw coconut cream/butter. I use Artisana.-2 Tbsp.
  3. Pecans/ walnuts/ almonds - not very finely ground.
  4. Coconut Oil - Optional.
Process:
  • Peel the banana and cut into small pieces. Put the pieces in the freezer for 5 minutes.
  • If your coconut butter is in the solid state, melt it by heating over medium heat in a small pan. Remove from heat immediately after melting. Can add a little coconut oil to improve consistency.
  • Keep the ground nuts ready on a plate.
  • Take the banana pieces out of the freezer. Now dip each piece in the coconut butter and dab onto the ground nuts covering all the sides thoroughly. Place carefully on a separate plate.
  • Repeat the same with all the pieces.
  • Put the plate with the pieces in the freezer for 10-15 minutes (depending on how cool your freezer is).
  • Take out of the freezer and serve immediately.

One more way of having it and I do it often when I am extremely hungry is dip the pieces in the butter, sprinkle the nuts and put it directly in your mouth :)
Enjoy the tropical bliss!

No comments: