Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tomato Ketchup, Sugar Free.

Finally I am back after my eventful vacation at Vancouver, Canada. Still very lazy and reluctant to get back to my normal routine. Ahh..wish life was a never-ending vacation. I had taken this pic for the ketchup a month back and I am posting now. Although it is sugar-free, it tastes exactly the same as commercial ketchup, I would say in fact this is better. Fresh always tastes better!



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups tomato puree. I use the whole foods brand. You could use fresh tomatoes too, in that case you have to strain the end result.
  • 1-3 tablespoons white vinegar.
  • Honey/ saccharin to taste.
  • Salt to taste.
Process:
  • Mix all ingredients except sweetener and simmer on medium heat until thick.
  • Stir often to prevent sticking.
  • When the desired thickness is attained, add sweetener according to taste.
  • If you want you can strain the sauce to remove remaining seeds and fibers. 
  • Pour into sterilized jars and seal immediately or place in small containers and freeze.

No comments: