Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cashew-Dates-Avocado Pops.

I love it when my daughter eats it..really I mean look at the ingredients! and I make it all with organic ingredients which adds to the goodness. If you ask me about the taste, I would say "the taste is divine" :).
Everyone has their own opinion though. My Hubby who is not a big fan of avocados was like "Really? Avocado pops??!!" but the good part is that he ate it happily and gave some expert comments too like he would have preferred it more if the color did not turn green which masked the fact that there are cashews and dates in it and that it would have looked more tempting if it had some pieces of dates and cashews sticking out of it. Feedback taken..but I cant do much about the color though :) 


If you don't freeze the mixture and simple refrigerate it, you could have it as a pudding. I love the taste.


 Here it goes:


Ingredients(for 6 pops):
  1. Cashews - 1 cup.
  2. Avocado - 1 medium sized.
  3. Dates - 8-9 pitted (depending on how sweet you want them to be).
  4. Water or Coconut Milk - 1 - 1 1/2 cups (depending on your blender).
  5. Salt - a pinch.
Process:
  • Soak the cashews and dates for 1/2 - 1 hour.
  • Blend the cashews and dates first using a little water.
  • Now add the other ingredients in the blender and blend thoroughly till it forms thick creamy pudding like consistency.
  • Pour into Popsicle moulds and freeze for pops or you could eat it straightaway like a pudding.



Enjoy!





No comments: